“And seek the peace and prosperity of the city which I have carried you into exile. Pray
to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
“And the Lord said,” Hear what the unrighteous judge said; now will not God bring
about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over
“A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, is God in His holy habitation.
God makes a home for the lonely; He leads out the prisoners into prosperity, only the
rebellious dwell in a parched land.”
Specific Prayer Points
- Spiritual Renewal and Revival in Connecticut (Psalm 85:6; Habakkuk 3:2)
- Ask God to revive the Church and awaken our state and nation to the greatness and supremacy of Christ.
- Ask God to convict his people to turn from sin and lesser pursuits and seek God with all their hearts.
- Ask God to pour out his Spirit on our state/nation and forgive our sin and heal our land.
- The Harvest—Praying for Millions to Make Jesus Lord of Their Lives (Luke 10:2, 3; Romans 10:1, 14-15)
- Pray for an awakening among the populace that brings a conviction of sin and of the need for Christ.
- Pray that individual Christ followers will share their faith and the gospel message with others.
- Pray for the next generation of believers to be raised up and for the strengthening and birthing of new churches that will share the good news.
- Healing and Unity Among Pastors and Churches in Connecticut (John 17:20-23; Psalm 33:1)
- Pray for unity in the church; that denominational, theological and racial/ethnic walls will come down so that pastors and congregations love one another, pray together and serve together in the mission of the Kingdom.
- Pray for healings of divisions within the Body of Christ.
- Pray that the gospel would impact society at large.
- Pray for Families (Joshua 24:15; Malachi 4:6, Psalm 127;3-5)
- For the Body of Christ to seek God relentlessly day and night until Bridgeport is completely transformed
- For Bridgeport to become known as a city full of the manifested presence of God
- A Culture that Honors Life (Psalm 139:13-16; Proverbs 24:11)
- Pray for God to push back the culture of death in our state/nation and to restore a culture that honors life and every person.
- Pray for legalized abortion as a means of “birth control” to be ended. Repent for the shedding of innocent blood.
- Pray against efforts to legalize assisted suicide in our state.
- Healing and Justice in our State/Nation (Luke 18:1-8; Acts 10:28, 34-35)
- Pray that God will heal our land of racism and use the Church to stand against racial and ethnic division, prejudice and violence and to promote reconciliation and healing.
- Pray that churches in our state become welcoming communities to people of all racial and ethnic backgrounds..
- Pray for the schools in our state, that they will be safe environments for genuine learning and student development to occur.
- Local, State and National Government Leaders (1 Timothy 2:1-2; 1 Peter 2:17)
- Pray for leaders at every level who will serve the populace and perform their duties with integrity, humility and wisdom.
- Ask God to heal the deep partisan divide that threatens our welfare as a people.
- Pray that leaders will seek to solve problems and pursue righteous governance.
- Pray that personal and structural corruption in government will be exposed.
- Economic Renewal in Connecticut (Deuteronomy 11:13-15; Psalm 82:3, 4)
- Connecticut has lagged behind the nation in the current recovery and is burdened by the second highest per capita bonded debt in the nation. Pray for transparency and for wise financial policy by state government to address this crises.
- Pray for economic renewal in Connecticut. Pray for job creation and business to be started in our state.
- Pray for state government policies that will foster and not hinder economic development, especially in our cities.
- Pray for the reduction of poverty and for wise policy to address the needs of the poor.